Top 10 Home Buyer Pitfalls to Avoid
Buying a house is exhilarating and, most of the time, the single biggest purchase you will make.
That being said, it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and make a mistake in the process, which is why we’ve created a list of the most common pitfalls our buyers run into:
1. Assuming the best way to find the right house is to do research completely on your own.
2. Not knowing there are more homes for sale other than what you find on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
3. Not having the proper methods to determine true value.
4. Not enough knowledge about construction, levels of quality or who the reputable builders are.
5. Not enough knowledge about how the future will impact a particular home’s future value.
6. Not enough experience with negotiations, real estate laws and procedures.
7. Not researching all financial options prior to a home search or purchase.
8. Underestimating the problems that can arise or misunderstanding the cost of those problems and the best methods for remedy.
9. Assuming it costs money to have a realtor represent you and your best interest.
10. Not having a comprehensive and organized plan to take you from where you live now to where you want to go next.
“No one truly succeeds alone.”